Re: [Asrg] Spam detection system proposal

2003-03-05 11:10:54
At 11:13 AM -0500 3/5/03, David F. Skoll wrote:
It is quite expensive to gather a large set of open relays.  If you're
sending out 500K messages, and you want to limit it to 1,000
messages/IP, you need to find 500 open relays.

I know an ISP which has blocked over 10,000 IP addresses that have sent test probes against his server. This in a matter of just a few months. As soon as he blocks one, the spammer starts using a different one.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.puremessaging.com/        Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.