Re: [Asrg] Deprecating plain POP accounts

2003-03-06 18:56:51
on "3-6-2003" "Hadmut Danisch" writ:

: On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 11:55:16PM -0800, abuse wrote:
: >
: > ... somehow, the idea of 'eliminating' "POP" accounts falls short of a
: > reasoned solution.  if i'm mistaken, and this a viable alternative, why
: > not eliminate SMTP altogether ...

: Maybe you'd understand it a little bit better if you'd read more
: than just the subject line.

... i do not have 'quotable' text at my disposal, but as i recall, you'd
suggested a mandated 'change' to the system as it now stands.  if that in
error, i certainly stand corrected.  however, if i'm not, my opinion
about that philosophy has not changed ...