RE: pros and cons of RMX (Re: [Asrg] Declaration to the world) (fwd)

2003-03-07 10:15:49

From: asrg-admin(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org [mailto:asrg-admin(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org]
On
Behalf Of william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 11:53 PM
Ok, you're right - ietf are good with technology and set FROM
in the mail
transmission to mailing list (which actually causes some spam
filters to
think email is forged), but there are mail lists and
forwarding systems
that do not do this and set FROM to the original sender.

I think this is backwards.  The mail headers I see from this
mailing list keep From: set to the original sender, and add
a Sender: field identifying asrg-admin as the true sender.
MS Outlook 2002, for what it's worth, reasonably interprets
these fields to combine them with the "on behalf of"
verbiage illustrated above.

Gary