RE: pros and cons of RMX (Re: [Asrg] Declaration to the world) (fwd)

2003-03-07 11:11:43
From: asrg-admin(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org [mailto:asrg-admin(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org]
On
Behalf Of wayne
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2003 12:52 PM

There is a difference between the From_ header and the From: header.

As suggested in my previous email, I find the use of the term "From_
header" confusing.  I have a very simple view of the world: headers are
defined in RFC 2822 and related RFCs, and refers to the stuff at the
top of the message data (as message data is defined in 2821).  Commands
are
defined in RFC 2821 and related RFCs.  The use of "header" to describe
stuff sent in the message envelope triggers my "imprecise language"
alarm.

I also have no idea where the underscore originates.  Or perhaps are you

talking about something entirely separate from these two RFC sets?

I suppose it's possible my personal choice of terminology is
non-standard, and I should adapt.

Gary