[Asrg] Re: evaluating proposals against requirements

2003-03-07 14:37:04
On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Adam Back wrote:

Those requirements sound good to me, it may not be possible to satisfy
them all simultaneously but at least they express the problem so
people can measure solutions against them.  I've numbered them, let's
measure a few of the current proposals against these:

a) should minimize spam to some acceptable level

May I suggest splitting that into two criteria?

1) should reduce the network bandwidth consumed by spam (including related
transmissions such as bounce messages)

2) should reduce the number of unwanted messages presented to the end user

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA