Re: evaluating proposals against requirements (Re: [Asrg] requirements for a proposed solution + notion of consent)

2003-03-09 11:47:59
I think it is a mistake to only consider proposals that reduce spam to
"some acceptable level".

Agreed. And I also agree that what really matters is not the effectiveness of any particular scheme, but the effectiveness of whatever ensemble of schemes is used.

However, it wasn't my intention to suggest that we "only consider" proposals meeting these criteria - only that we try to establish criteria that help us understand how to evaluate schemes relative to one another. Actually since this is a research group I don't view it as our job to make any firm selections between the proposals.

Keith