RE: [Asrg] Thoughts so far

2003-03-14 08:31:40
At 9:33 AM -0500 3/14/03, Jason Hihn wrote:
Filtering works now, and is immediate. No one (even close to a mesuarble
percentage uses it) Plus it only hides the problem. The bandwidth is still

It's more widespread than you think--you just don't see it. All AOL and MSN users use filtering, even if they don't know it. On the desktop all the major email clients either already have builtin Bayesian filtering, or will in their next release.

Filtering can buy us time though, and I think we should only see it as a way
to buy time and not as an end.

Agreed.
--
Kee Hinckley