[RANT] Re: [Asrg] DCC and IP checksums

2003-03-14 17:39:38
On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net wrote:

2. This actually makes life worse for the dialup user in the
non-virus case.  Dialup.  Fetch mail.  Disconnect.  Try to read mail.
Reconnect.  Fetch attachment.

I doubt you receive too many legitimate .exe attachments. I does happen,
but its really rare.

It is not rare at all. I have two words for anyone who suggests this: "Elf
Bowling". We see hundreds upon hundreds of legitimate .exe's being emailed
to people every day. Heck, they even email eachother things like calc.exe
and notepad.exe!

(hey, I found a use for the RANT tag!)

Matt.