Re: [Asrg] Spam is a security problem

2003-03-15 09:42:30
At 6:14 AM -0600 3/15/03, Brad Spencer wrote:
Others do this same thing. An operator elsewhere in the world, using his massive 120 MHz Pentium with 64 Mb, stopped spam to 281 million recipients in his first year of operation. All he does is deliver relay

You make some good points about the root problems with relay spams, however I think there are a couple problems with your solutions.

Most people do not have the time to run around setting up fake relay traps. In addition, speaking as someone who currently bounces a message every two seconds, not all of us can take the risk of increasing our bounce volume. Finally, I don't think you can get enough people running fake relays to make even a dent in spam. 281 million recipients in one year is really very few in the big picture. AOL bounces one billion pieces of spam every day.

--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.puremessaging.com/        Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.