Re: [Asrg] Spam is a security problem

2003-03-15 13:57:23

Kee Hinckley said:
I'm not denying that these are good ideas.  And they probably go more
towards hurting spammers than things like filtering--which the
spammers never see.  As a tool that aids in driving spammers
off-shore and to fixed locations, they seem good.  And like most
things--that makes them a part of a solution, not the solution itself
(I know, you weren't claming that.)

What's the benefit in driving them off-shore?  It just seems to be
a problem, to me.  Sure, you can then use a blackholes.us
BL, but that's not a solution -- it just ghettoizes users in those
countries.

--j.