Re: [Asrg] Thoughts so far

2003-03-19 09:21:34
At 08:32 AM 3/19/2003 -0500, Pierre Fortin wrote:
On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 14:29:32 -0500 "Damien Morton"
<dm-temp-310102(_at_)nyc(_dot_)rr(_dot_)com> wrote:

> Actually I tried complainng about 4th class mail. I put a huge notice on
> my letterbox that said "3rd class and 4th class mail not accepted". The
> mailman ignored it, of course. I now pile up all the junk mail I get on
> top of the letterbox, marking it "wrong address" or "not accepted", and
> the mailman makes a point of circling "The resident" to prove that it
> has in fact been correctly addressed.

Have some fun with this at the USPS and sender's expense then...  much of
this mail has a postage paid return envelope...  I just write "NO!" across
the offer, put it in their envelope and post it back...  The USPS gets to
do more work delivering the contents again, collecting for its delivery,
and the sender gets to pay for getting their ad back, unusable.  At least,
it's increasing their bulk mail costs... :)

To keep increasing their costs, remove your personal information from the
returned matter, so you get to do it over and over...

Don't forget to insert something heavy tape the reply envelope to something heavy (I like construction ceramics) to greatly increase their postage due when blind claiming their mail.

steve