Re: [Asrg] This research group will fail

2003-03-19 13:35:12
At 01:13 PM 3/19/2003 -0500, you wrote:
Anybody who's tried to deploy software to end users (especially software
that involves retraining) knows 400M is the wrong place to attack. And
even a well-hidden Proof-Of-Work doesn't help here - your phone WILL ring
when people ask why it's taking 3 minutes to send mail.

Not if they don't have my phone number. Which they probably don't if they haven't contacted me before.

I've never said I'm *STRICTLY* against a sender-side solution.  My generic
criteria for a sender-side solution is:  It has to be something that my
mother the Hotmail user can deploy without me or my brother having to
make a trip home to install for her.  Windows 98 on a several-year-old PC.

This is not necessary for initial deployment. After all the web didn't seem like it was ready for my grandmother 10 years ago.

steve