[Asrg] Mail path verification presentation

2003-03-19 18:21:36
  Hi,

I'v been preparing presentation for the session tomorrow and unfortunetly
it appears this will not be part of the agenda. This is rather unfortunate
since this dealt with very commonly discussed issues of being able to deal
with stopping header forgery and first part also provided good diagram and
example of what solution should able to handle as far as not screwing
up existing email use. This goes into larger issue that it appears that
presentations were chosen based on compnies that backed them up rather
then based on individual work as is supposed to be the case for IETF & IRTF.

Anyway the presentation draft is available at:
http://www.elan.net/~william/args-presentation-verification.ppt

Feel free to email to the list what you like or do not like about it or
email paul if you think it should have been included in the agenda (I
think its probably still not too late).

In my side no matter how it goes, I'll prepare draft on using message
tracking protocol to do verification of sender. Though this protocol is
not deployed yet, I think this would be the best way of doing it (rather
then using dns or adding additional extensions to SMTP) and will help in
deployment of message tracking as well. The draft should be ready in 1-2
months.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Communications Inc.