Re: [Asrg] Mail path verification presentation

2003-03-19 19:31:50

william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net said:

I'v been preparing presentation for the session tomorrow and unfortunetly
it appears this will not be part of the agenda. This is rather unfortunate
since this dealt with very commonly discussed issues of being able to deal
with stopping header forgery and first part also provided good diagram and
example of what solution should able to handle as far as not screwing
up existing email use. This goes into larger issue that it appears that
presentations were chosen based on compnies that backed them up rather
then based on individual work as is supposed to be the case for IETF & IRTF.

Anyway the presentation draft is available at:
http://www.elan.net/~william/args-presentation-verification.ppt

BTW I would point out that DS, aka Designated Sender is a form of the
can-this-IP-address-send-mail-as-my-domain query scheme; and IMO is more
elegant/well-thought-out than some of the others. ;)  Could you list that
as well on page 12?

An interesting presentation; it's interesting to see the 'complex
verification' system, which was hashed out on another list a while back,
in another form (called 'porkhash' there).

Also, I was not aware of the MSGTRK WG at all. ;)

A good presentation, all in all,

--j.