Re: [Asrg] Mail path verification presentation

2003-03-19 20:38:16
BTW I would point out that DS, aka Designated Sender is a form of the
can-this-IP-address-send-mail-as-my-domain query scheme; and IMO is more
elegant/well-thought-out than some of the others. ;)
Could you list that as well on page 12?
I'll add it. But this is all the same and unfortunetly they all suffer
from the same problem of not handling full mail path and only limited
protect for one header that is not even seen by most headers.

An interesting presentation; it's interesting to see the 'complex
verification' system, which was hashed out on another list a while back,
in another form (called 'porkhash' there).
I was trying to remember where I got it from but could not.
You remined it now. Thank you.

Also, I was not aware of the MSGTRK WG at all. ;)
They finished most of their work about year ago or more. There was no
meeting at this ietf for this WG. But when my draft is ready I'll bring it
up and see if people there are willing to modify protocol.

A good presentation, all in all,

--j.