RE: [Asrg] Re: "HashStamp" == hashcash? (Re: Stamping)

2003-03-22 18:49:24
At 01:02 PM 3/22/2003 -0500, Damien Morton wrote:
I wonder if the problems of mailing lists are sufficient reason not to
implement a reasonable spam preventative.

I know the members of this list have a valid concern about the needs of
mailing lists, but I would suggest that the vast majority of email users
do not share those concerns.

At any rate, I tend to think that mailing lists are better handled using
NNTP.

While I think NNTP still has place, the consolidation of Usenet SPs has allowed them to become a future choke point against unpopular or illegal speech (on the Internet everything is illegal all the time somewhere).

steve