[Asrg] Re: [OffTopic - NNTP]

2003-03-23 08:15:36
On Saturday, Mar 22, 2003, at 13:50 US/Eastern, Kee Hinckley wrote:
At 1:02 PM -0500 3/22/03, Damien Morton wrote:
At any rate, I tend to think that mailing lists are better handled using
NNTP.

There are plent of reasons not to use NNTP for mailing lists. Privacy, spam control and member control come immediately to mind.

You know that authentication via NNTP is possible, right?

I agree with Damien Morton. Almost all mailing lists would be better as newsgroups.

If NNTP was the accepted way to do group discussions, you'd soon see yahoogroups and other discussion forum services offering NNTP. (Not sure why they don't already.)

mathew