[Asrg] Re: "HashStamp" == hashcash? (Re: Stamping)

2003-03-22 10:44:52
On Sat, 22 Mar 2003 11:44:48 -0500, Kee Hinckley
<nazgul(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)com> writes:

Wait a second.  Most of my incoming email comes from mailing
lists. And in that case, if I read your proposal correctly, I'd have
to provide them with the stamps.  Said stamps take 10 minutes each to
generate.  I currently *average* 1800 incoming messages a week.  (I
love Eudora's "Statistics" window.)

I have two types of stamps. One type is partial hash collision
stamps. The other is just random nonces. When you need some, you just
find some random numbers and send them to the mailing list manager, or
attached to outgoing messagges.  You remember these nonces as valid
and 'forget them' as they are used. Storage is say, 3 months worth of
nonces outstanding, or about 25000 nonces, 500kb to store.

Scott