Re: [Asrg] The "Human-Shield" effect; the need for end-user control

2003-03-23 04:51:05
Clear Consent is when end-user said he wants to receive email from you
(whitelisting of email address or domain). Clear No Consent is when user
specifically said he does not want to receive email from you (blacklisting).
Specifying of other mail filters are consent by user to use specific
technology to filter out email.

Anything that does not get stopped by the filter goes into final step
which specifyies user's preference - either presumed consent or presumed
denial. Denial may also be replaced by request for authorization which
maybe request to "buy" or calculate a stamp, go to specific webpage and
look at the picture (or hear a sound) and aythorize there, send email to
some other address, etc, etc.

And when user provided these settings for filtering this is alot better
then presumed consent filtering by isp based on its own preferences and
its opinion on what consent is.