Re: [Asrg] The "Human-Shield" effect; the need for end-user control

2003-03-23 06:31:44
On Sun, 23 Mar 2003, Jon Kyme wrote:

the idea of a common
mechanism for expressing your filter desires (what countries, what
languages, what's the white list, what's the blacklist, what IP's or
RBLs...) is a good idea.  We have already done some preliminary work
in this area with our product.

As have the IETF. See SEIVE.

No. sieve is a filter language. I don't believe it's a general mechanism
for configuring disparate
"filter engines".

Yes, I realise that, but I was thinking of it as a starting point - it
defines a common ground in the filter space, so it may be worth re-using
its syntax.

Matt.