Re: [Asrg] The "Human-Shield" effect; the need for end-user control

2003-03-22 21:36:24
No, I was thinking of of more complex scenario then just standartized xml
filter list. While I agree that current spam filters implementations often
use different methods for representing and getting rule set, I do not
think we're at the point yet that we can not create a standard
distribution mechanism and having central database server can
often be easy (it may not have to be a requirement, i.e. one can only
implement MUA->server filter update mechanism but large company/network
with many incoming mail server would really benefit from cental server and
if we standard way to represent rules, going futher to distributing them
is not really such hard work, many implementations for such distributions
already exist, its just a metter of choosing right one)

And I was thinking futher along the line of creating standard header lines
on what filter has been used (for client MUA to know in standard format)
and in order to allow for distributed filtering systems and removing
necessity of applying same filter twice.