Re: [Asrg] The "Human-Shield" effect; the need for end-user control

2003-03-23 03:35:17
On Sat, 22 Mar 2003, Kee Hinckley wrote:

At 3:07 PM -0800 3/22/03, william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net wrote:
Also as far as saying protocol, it would not necessarily be new protocol,
but could be based on LDAP with defined scheme. But we would need to
evaluate several protocols and create list of requirements like this is
being done at CRISP working group working on new whois protocol.

What do you think of the above idea? I know there are lot of people on
the list that represent anti-spam filtering software solutions, do you
think you could work together to create standard for this?

There are some issues.  Your filter server's capabilities may not be
the same as mine, for instance.  But in general, the idea of a common
mechanism for expressing your filter desires (what countries, what
languages, what's the white list, what's the blacklist, what IP's or
RBLs...) is a good idea.  We have already done some preliminary work
in this area with our product.

As have the IETF. See SEIVE.

Matt.