Re: [Asrg] Eye for an eye: DDoS against spammers

2003-03-23 14:35:16
<rant>
Phone DDoS: If, say, 10000 reportings share the same phone number, then

I know people to whom this has happened.  It works this way.
1. ISP gets spammer in trouble.
2. Spammer sends spam using ISP owner's home phone number as the contact.
3. ISP owner changes home phone number.
Yes, happened to me after I took spammer to court.
(He did not show up - default judgement, I did receive the money as
cachiers check throghh.. but he had all my contact info...)

For 2nd time, I made it so difficult to reliably find who I am without
appering or just from my email address. I do get mailbombed time-time but
no phone-bombs any more.
</rant>