RE: [Asrg] How to defeat spam that uses encryption?

2003-03-31 14:38:28
Eric,

i agree with your points, and yes I think some form of BCP,
possibly an architectural guide might be appropriate.

Actually in this case though I do not have the words on
paper and although I am persuing other initiatives in
other forums this is the type of initiative where I
would come to the IETF, in the first instance at least.

                Phill

Although I think this already exists in one form or another
[RFC2635 - "DON'T
SPEW..."].  Has anyone considered drafting a preliminary or
running list of MTA
configuration best current practices for reducing 'spam'?
Phill, from your
posting I perceive that may be something that you could begin
to work on (with
others or not). Certainly any work product could be improved,
evaluated and
substantiated by the group.

All: A question is the discussion of end-user MUA technology
uses of encryption
something people want to address as a 'spam' control
solution?  This is just a
question.