Re: [Asrg] How to defeat spam that uses encryption?

2003-03-31 14:28:31
so, in practice, you want to hand over mail servers from Microsoft to Oracle. Because large organizations use Oracle as their database predominantly.

And since e-mail is text, these are large databases. Start thinking of systems with 10,000 active users and 35,000 accounts, a mail quota of 100 megabytes, 7,000 open connections at any time, and you'll start giving MySQL serious hiccups. and given MySQL has some blob/text limitations at 16 megs, you have a different problem with really large emails (no, I don't think sending stuff that large is a good idea....)

that's a lot of disk....