Re: [Asrg] How to defeat spam that uses encryption?

2003-03-31 13:35:26
On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 11:41:50AM -0800, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
PGP is irrelevant, every major email client with the exception of
Eudora has supported S/MIME for 5 years now. There are half a billion
S/MIME clients out there.

Could we please stop that marketing bullshit? Even more as I get the
impression that it's driven by the fact that your employer is making
money with S/MIME certs.

    "TV is irrelevant 'cause there are half a billion MPEG capable
     Windows Media Players out there".

Whether a client is capable of anything doesn't rate the anything relevant.
Numbers of use do rate relevance and I get about a factor of 100 more
PGP/GPG signed mails than S/MIME.

        \Maex

--
SpaceNet AG            | Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14 | Fon: +49 (89) 32356-0
Research & Development |       D-80807 Muenchen    | Fax: +49 (89) 32356-299