RE: [Asrg] How to defeat spam that uses encryption?

2003-03-31 12:08:03
I would be interested in reading more on this proposal.  It may present some
valuable information.  Don't know but I'll give you another set of eyes to look
at it.  Thanks.

-e

On Monday, March 31, 2003 12:37 PM, Jason Hihn
[SMTP:jhihn(_at_)paytimepayroll(_dot_)com]
wrote:
8<...>8
I came up with (what I thought was) the most important piece of a system to
ending spam and I got baulked at. It was not hard to implement, but no one
seemed to think it important.

(It was a mail protocol negotiation proxy, so the internet could use
multiple mail protocols, each protocol can easily be replaced, or upgraded.
If the preferred supposed spam-unfriendly protocol was not used, there would
be some 'penalty' (delay, filtering, tar proxy) imposed. This would allow
protocols to compete, with the bonus of weaking spam techniques, because
hopefully, the same technique won't work on all protocols.)