RE: [Asrg] Fwd: Returned mail: see transcript for details

2003-03-31 12:08:59

On Monday, March 31, 2003 1:25 PM, Eric D. Williams
[SMTP:eric(_at_)infobro(_dot_)com]
wrote:
8<...>8
This is a request.  We all no the standards of the IETF and its working
-----------------------------^^--I meant 'know' sorry. -e

groups,  and the methods for engineering a solution as a team (I suspect many
if not
all of the people on this list have done that before and currently).  We are
group of very talented individuals and organizations, including some who have
authored the very standards and protocols we are considering, not to mention
having developed the methodology of this research group.  Everyone should
take
a breath and stop to listen and reduce the chatter for a moment at least to
reflect on why and whether they really want to participate in forming a
solution.  Check your ego, not your opinions and ideas at the door.  Be
prepared to consider a different point of view.  Be flexible, we all must
concede to some compromises in order to form a consensus.  A solution may not
be achievable, but its always worth a shot.  If you are dis-heartened with
the
results, take a step back and see how you may re-enter with a new innovative
way to approach the issue.

These are some of the keys to developing a solution in this environment. I
hope we can utilize these methods to the greatest extent possible.  This is a
technical forum and although some of the issues presented and discussed may
not all be 'technical' or amenable to a 'technical' solution, we should
always
strive or reach for a solution from such a standpoint.  Thanks for listening.

 Let's get to work. :-)

-e