Re: [Asrg] How to defeat spam that uses encryption?

2003-03-31 15:02:21

On Monday, March 31, 2003, at 01:43  PM, Jason Hihn wrote:

what you are looking for is called "imap" (heh)

I don't think so. After I pull it down off my mail server, I still want
global access. I don't want to leave my mail on the server. I know that's what imap does. Are you suggesting that I run an imap server on my local
machine too?

if you're seriously interested in "getting it exactly the way I want it", probably. Because then you're in control of it.

Actually yes. Not quite that many though. No one has a 'favorite', they just don't like change. That's my finding anyway. That's why some people still
use pine. ;-)

heh. point taken, although it's really both...

which is actually a legitimate issue to be dealt with on this list...

Nah, I believe SPAM should be dealt with in a client-transparent way.
(Infrastructure changes, not client ones, unless your client is a source of
spam, which is the case for Outlook)

I think there are uses for (and we're going to need) both.