Re: [Asrg] RE:ASGR 8a Use of certificates

2003-04-02 18:53:21
From: "Eric S. Imsand" <eimsandasrg(_at_)charter(_dot_)net>

How will legislation help anything?  As soon as you do that, all of the
spammers will move to other countries, removing themselves from
US/Canadian/British/Whoever's jurisdiction. ...

Do you really think that the people who would be subject to legislation
would move offshore?

If using foreign computers would be a shield, then a new American
Blastfax could use FAX machines (computers) in China and VoIP to dial
U.S. fax machines and escape the FCC and the TCPA.

Have you been following the FCC's efforts against the "survey" junk
faxer named (I think) 21st Century?  It was supposedly located in
England, but that didn't stop the FCC from getting large judgements.

(I wouldn't say legislation will "help", but that it will change things.
I think only the DMA would say that legislation will help because it
will make spam usable for the Fortune 50,000.)