Re: [Asrg] RE:ASGR 8a Use of certificates

2003-04-03 05:35:29
On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 06:53:42PM -0700, Vernon Schryver wrote:
If using foreign computers would be a shield, then a new American
Blastfax could use FAX machines (computers) in China and VoIP to dial
U.S. fax machines and escape the FCC and the TCPA.

Traceability is the keyword.
If I can hunt down the originater I can sue him. (Ab)using FAX machines
anonymously is rather hard, hacking a few workstations is easy.

        \Maex

--
SpaceNet AG            | Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14 | Fon: +49 (89) 32356-0
Research & Development |       D-80807 Muenchen    | Fax: +49 (89) 32356-299