Re: [Asrg] Consent

2003-04-04 10:29:49
if spammers were only spamming once very six months i doubt the ASRG would exist, i doubt the term SPAM would exist.

At 4:48 PM -0700 4/3/03, Vernon Schryver wrote:
Would one polite, short, unsolicited bulk email message every 6 months
be seen as harassment by a court or other sane authority?--I doubt it.

Point taken. The harassment solution might work well against bulk spammers. But it doesn't solve the opt-in vs. opt-out problem. However... it might be a better tool for going after spammers than the $500/spam solutions. Maybe.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.