Re: [Asrg] Whitelisting on Message-ID (Was Turing Test ...) honey pot plug

2003-04-09 06:16:07
On Wednesday, Apr 9, 2003, at 13:46 Europe/London, Brad Spencer wrote:

At 01:38 PM 4/9/2003 +0100, Matt Sergeant wrote:
On Wednesday, Apr 9, 2003, at 13:29 Europe/London, Brad Spencer wrote:

If you see a flaw what is it? Is it an engineering-immune flaw (can't be fixed)?

If I were a spammer probing for open proxies I wouldn't probe by trying to relay an email. Getting the results from this can take up to 5 days.

He doesn't do that. He does HELO, gets a response, does a quit. He verifies he can connect to a remote port 25 through the proxy. That's instantaneous, nearly.

Fair enough. That works. Thanks.

It does still suffer from the problem that spammers can just stop doing it that way, but I know your arguments against that so lets not go there again ;-)