Re: [Asrg] New take on emerging idea. (Query/C-R system?)

2003-04-11 16:52:42
"John Fenley" <pontifier(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
The real question was who pays for this system.
I propsed the US government because they are an oganization who's purpose is
to supply needed systems to the population, that would be to costly for a
buisines.
Would we have an interstate highway system, or hoover/glen canyon/Grand
Coulee Dam without the government? These systems help everyone.

  Not me.  I don't live in the U.S., and I have no plans to *ever*
live in the U.S.

  As Chuq noted, the U.S. is not the entire world.  Not everyone
trusts the American government.  Any system *must* work world-wide,
and MUST NOT depend on the benevolence of one government.

  Alan DeKok.