Re: [asrg] 6. proposal of solution: Using Relay Honeypots to Reduce Spam

2003-04-16 08:27:13

It strikes me that this might be the most sensible sort of use
for honeypots.  So not exactly a "solution" then, but an assisting
technology?

That was for Brad.
I should have turned the sarcasm dial up further. I thought "mild" would do
it, should have been "pointed". Sorry.

That reasoning is exactly why a standard configuration of DCC clients
[snip]
It does not matter whether spammers are doing the obvious and including
undetectable drop-boxes in their spews.  (It is obviously impossible
[snip]
no better than Spamfords paid "Bandwidth Partners" and must be treated

Of course.