Re: RE: [asrg] 6. proposal of solution: Using Relay Honeypots to Reduce Spam

2003-04-17 04:23:32
So if your proposed change in the measure of
success is sensible, we might as well all pack up and go home

This isn't a matter of "measure of success" as such.
It's a question of "deployability".

"Solutions" are proposed and evaluated and we have
a guide to requirements for "solutions".

It's been asserted that this proposal can't meet the requirements
regarding "incentives to deploy for those doing the deployment"
(or the point re. universal deployment).
This follows discussion of the technical merits of the proposal,
and of political and commercial realities, here and in other places.

This assertion has not been disproved.  Perhaps a large-scale
experiment would change this. The results of such an experiment
would, I'm sure, be welcomed by the group.

The assertion can't be disproved by counter-assertion. Only
reviewed and reproducible experimental results (evidence)
can do this.

The chair invited Brad to make his proposal and the group has
commented on it.

Incidentally, is it my imagination, or has traffic on this list
come down rather?  I wonder if the packing up and going home has
begun already?