Re: [Asrg] Organizing the ASRG list

2003-04-26 12:42:21
On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 12:27:06 -0600 (MDT)
Vernon Schryver <vjs(_at_)calcite(_dot_)rhyolite(_dot_)com> wrote:
From: Dave Crocker <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net>

there's software that provides a threaded web archive of an email
list.  this will probably be particularly helpful, though of course
mail2news would be nice also.

Perhaps something like current threaded archive of this mailing list
in
https://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/asrg/current/threads.html
?

Would anyone have a complaint if I registered ASRG with GMane?  If you
have mboxes or MH folders of the back traffic I can have those imported
into GMane's setup as well.

  http://gmane.org/

Many problems solved with one stone: threaded web based archives that
you can post thru, a decent search interface, NNTP access to the list
and its archives, full TMDA-based spam protection for the list and those
posting thru GMane (via web or NNTP), etc.

What's not to like?

I'm also quite willing to set up and host a Wiki for ASRG.  In fact, if
I don't hear any counters...

That feature of mailman was one of its advantanages that caused me to
choose it over majordomo the last time I looked.

Aye, there are many good things about Mailman.

--
J C Lawrence
claw(_at_)kanga(_dot_)nu               He lived as a devil, eh?