Re: [Asrg] Whitelists, Blacklists, Greylists, and Challenge/Response

2003-04-26 18:04:08
On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 16:38:13 -0400
waltdnes  <waltdnes(_at_)waltdnes(_dot_)org> wrote:

  - The 550 message (with very few exceptions) contains "If yours was
a legitimate email, see http://..."; which points to a webpage of mine
that lists a temporary unfiltered email address that I create
especially for the purpose of bypassing my filters.  Most spammers
don't read their reject messages; in fact the ones who send via
compromised/hijacked 3rd-party machines don't even see the reject
message.

This relies on humans reading bounce messages, something that is already
known to be vanishingly rare to almost non-existent.  In my particular
case I read and handle my bounce message folder every month or three.

--
J C Lawrence
claw(_at_)kanga(_dot_)nu               He lived as a devil, eh?