Re: [Asrg] A New Plan for No Spam / Velocity Indicator

2003-04-26 18:06:57
On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 17:41:51 -0400
Alan DeKok <aland(_at_)freeradius(_dot_)org> wrote:

Yes, but SMTP allows you to do something that telephone calls and SMS
don't: send the same traffic to multiple users at the remote site.  I
can't call your house, and force everyone in your house to listen to
the message.  I can only leave one copy of the message, and it only
gets duplicated if you choose to duplicate it.

My native suspicion is that RCPT TO bundling is going to have to go.
Certainly for my own systems I'm more or less compleatly disabled it via
outbound rewriting via TMDA which unrolls any RCPT TO bundles (only hold
out is Mailman, and that only until I upgrade to 2.1 and VERP).

--
J C Lawrence
claw(_at_)kanga(_dot_)nu               He lived as a devil, eh?