Re: [Asrg] A New Plan for No Spam / Velocity Indicator

2003-04-27 14:49:37
On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 10:02:04AM -0700, J C Lawrence allegedly wrote:
On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 17:32:39 +0100
Jon Kyme <jrk(_at_)merseymail(_dot_)com> wrote:

My native suspicion is that RCPT TO bundling is going to have to go.
Certainly for my own systems I'm more or less compleatly disabled it
via outbound rewriting via TMDA which unrolls any RCPT TO bundles
(only hold out is Mailman, and that only until I upgrade to 2.1 and
VERP).

That's a shame, particularly given that the RFCs require that I must
accept 100 rcpts.

Oh, I don't think it will be removed from the SMTP spec, but that
implementation of consent mechanisms will have the side effect of
causing single RCPT TO per message.

Why? Couldn't consent information be sent as part of the RCPT TO:
using the <rcpt-parameters> as defined in RFC2821?

MAIL FROM: <legitbulker(_at_)legit(_dot_)domain>
RCPT TO: <user1(_at_)your(_dot_)domain> permission-given=blah1
RCPT TO: <user2(_at_)your(_dot_)domain> permission-given=blah blah

Regards.