Re: [Asrg] A New Plan for No Spam / DNSBLS

2003-04-29 07:47:32
[ May be there is a time to create new category on
www.rfc-ignorant.org
 ]

 >And I'd like a good explanation of how you'd detect that behavior.

* In one case I detected it by non email communication (phone: Why

But what if the "recipient" was (gasp) lying?

Oh come on.
Are you really just trying to pester this guy?

Apologies to Andrzej, I should have said:
"And I'd like a good explanation of how ONE would detect that behavior"

But would you be happy if a sender/receiver collusion could get you
blacklisted (rfc-ignorant-like)? Or would the presentation of relevant logs
be a sufficient defence?

Bottom line. I'm agreeing with him.

If the sender doesn't have a reliable means for distinguishing between
non-deliveries with and without user control... well, it gives scope for
misunderstanding. And it's not feasible to ring up everybody I send mail to
so I can close the loop.

AF said:
Whenever you send a email message you should always get message
delivered or info why it can not be delivered or info why some server
refused to deliver your message.

I agree, pretty much. That would be the ideal state of affairs.

Apologies for causing offence / confusion.