Re: [Asrg] RMX proposals and Nash Equilibrium

2003-05-05 19:20:44
Barry,

BS> What it helps with is whether some specific piece of email is highly
BS> likely to be from the organization it claims to be from, in a
BS> relatively lightweight way.

If you find an RMX record, yes you can make that positive
interpretation.

The problem is that you have zero information if you do NOT find an RMX
record.

BS> It's kinda like arguing that nail-proof tires won't do you much good
BS> in a snowstorm (except inasmuch as it'd be nasty to change a tire
BS> punctured by a nail in a snowstorm.)

or inasmuch as we are discussing mechanisms for making it safer to be in
a snowstorm.

it's not that a cure for cancer is not wonderful, but it has nothing to
do with snowstorms.  so this is the wrong venue.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>