Re: RE: [Asrg] RMX proposals and Nash Equilibrium

2003-05-06 00:50:27
At 12:39 PM -0400 5/4/03, Eric D. Williams wrote:
no protocol interaction. There are some I suspect who would argue that
all
'spaminess' must be detected in the SMTP transactions (and that has
advantages)

Given that two different people may consider the same list to be, or
not be, spam.  And that it is not always possible to determine the
final recipient at the SMTP transaction point, I think it's pretty
clear that this isn't possible.
--

It's clear that this isn't possible for ALL SMTP transactions. It clearly
IS possible for some. Control of MTA-based filtering by an end-user will