RE: [Asrg] Is there anything good enough?

2003-05-07 04:37:06
At 8:18 PM -0400 5/6/03, Eric D. Williams wrote:
 > No, the problem is that this spoofing is a minor problem and any
 solution is easily evaded by spammers.

Please explain how.  I think as an exercise it would be instructive to give an
example of how a spoofing solution would be evaded (easily).  I agree that

You keep a variety of name servers around the net. You register a new domain every day (or week, or however often you need to avoid blocking). And each day you send authorized email "from" the new domain, using an authorization server that allows mail from any IP address.

There are already spammers that do the first part. Second part seems easy enough.

Mind you, I'd love to have anti-spoofing. I think a lot of companies would like the peace of mind it gives, and god knows I don't need any more letters from RIAA members telling me that somewhere.com is stealing their stuff. I also think that moving spammers into a corner (registering real domains) is interesting. Although in practice I haven't found those spammers any easier to track down than any others.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.