Re: [Asrg] RMX evaluation (was RE: Is there anything good enough? - Spoofing stats)

2003-05-09 03:52:55
On Thursday, May 8, 2003, at 17:08 Europe/London, Paul Judge wrote:

This is a clear list of arguments against RMX. To move this conversation
forward in a meaningful way, let's do a few things:

Vernon, can you post Vixie's suggestions that you referring to so that
everyone is aware of them. Can you also explain in more detail the
difference between those and RMX to show why you say that it is simpler.

Please also check out the DMP (a.k.a. DS) proposal which does not require a new RR, and does not mean that the UDP size limit for DNS would be exceeded on a regular basis.

<http://www.pan-am.ca/draft-fecyk-dsprotocol-02.txt>

I don't recall seeing anyone respond to the size limit problem with RMX when asked about it, but then I also had to stop reading this list for a while.

Matt.