RE: [Asrg] C/R patents

2003-05-11 19:05:30

I would have to say
a) We really don't know if we will "originate" anything here...maybe the
final product will deviate considerably from the issued patent..won't know
until we try
b) Intellectual property is not a new issue for the IETF.  There are many
big named vendors that wind up playing nice with their own components.  I
would have to ask the chair here to go up the chain and ask how such an
effort might impact our work.

You'd think my annual dues would mean that the IETF have some big name
lawyers on staff 8-)

The question is if there are possible patents involved even though there
might be prior art in place, who is willing to go ahead and sue
the owners?
And in regards to ourselves, will the possible legal liability or
licensing
fees, make companies and admins think twice before installing any kind of
C/R system?