Re: [Asrg] C/R patents

2003-05-12 11:17:53

The question still remains even with prior art, who is willing to sue MailBlocks to get these patents invalidated? Plus how long will the process take if MailBlocks is willing to go all the way to Supreme Court? On the other hand are these patents enforceable outside the US?

Patents are typically not very hard to challenge as I recall. I think that they may be challenged simply by providing prior art to a patent examiner. Sure, it can go through the courts as well but I think given prior art, a patent examiner is capable of invalidating the patent as well.

It has been awhile since I looked at this stuff so you would want to check the accuracy but that is what I recall.

-Art

--
Art Pollard
http://www.lextek.com/