Re: [Asrg] Removing the incentive to spam

2003-05-16 17:32:48
At 9:26 PM -0400 5/15/03, mathew wrote:
Graphics used to be included from referenced external servers, but (a) that was too easy to filter and (b) the web sites got closed down too quickly, making most of the sent spam retrospectively useless. So now a lot of spammers send images embedded.

I suspect we'll see legitimate mailers sending more included graphics soon as well. MSN and Hotmail are both providing (or about to) provide filters to turn off automatic inclusion of external graphics. And the next Outlook is supposedly shipping with the option off by default. None of that bodes well for content-filters.

P.S. As for mailbox size. Mine is just short of 1GB--not including attachments.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.