Re: [Asrg] Some data on the validity of MAIL FROM addresses

2003-05-20 18:53:57
We've been through this before.

Spam is in the eye of the beholder.
Therefore some spam filtering rules need to be per-user.
Milter's (and many other systems) don't give you enough information to determine who the final recipient is--not to mention that their may be more than one, with different standards.
Therefore it is not always possible to reject things at the SMTP level.
But yes, everyone agrees that you should if you can.
Therefore--encourage it, but don't depend on it.
Can we move on?
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Junk-Free Email Filtering