Re: [Asrg] Some data on the validity of MAIL FROM addresses

2003-05-21 07:11:43
At 11:07 PM -0600 5/20/03, Vernon Schryver wrote:
In fact the sendmail milter interface generally gives sufficient
information for per-user rules during the SMTP transaction.  That's

I wasn't trying to single out milter's specifically. What we've discussed, over and over, is the fact that you can't always know the final recipient at the time of receipt (even though you may know it's a valid address). I don't see the need for us to go into it over and over again.

scoring; it certainly could.  I don't know but suspect the milter
mechanism does not handle .forward files, but I don't think that's a
significant problem.  The milter mechanism handles alias files and at
least some other things that cause sendmail to forward the message
elsewhere in the sense of telling the milter filter program as much.

.forward's were one thing. The other is a standard system where the gateway mail system is outside of the firewall, but additional delivery is done inside the firewall.

But anyway. I'm just don't see that this conversation is generating anything except heat.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.